Wellbeing Governance E-Module
Mental Health & Wellbeing Governance Lead E-Module
Leeds Beckett University Carnegie School of Education in Partnership with SAS
Creating lead governor roles and assigning them to individual members of a governing body is an effective way to ensure governance remains strategic and focused on key issues. The development of a Mental Health and Wellbeing Governance Lead will demonstrate your governing boards commitment to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of both staff and pupils across the whole organisation. The creation of the role also emphasises the importance of establishing robust mental health in schools, providing equal opportunities, building resilience and developing support strategies and tools.
Completion of our online course will award a governer with the ‘Carnegie Mental Health & Wellbeing Governance Lead’ status.
Our e-module includes:
• Self-assessment diagnostic for the governing board to assess their strategic approach to supporting mental health and wellbeing in their school.
• Action planning template to be used as a guide to support governing boards in their
• Online mentor support.
• A description of the role and responsibilities for the Governance Lead role.
• Recommended questions for in-school visits.
• Up-to-date information on school policy.
• A multiple-choice assessment.
The e-module has been developed to reflect both academy trust and maintained school governance. Any member of an academy trust board, academy trust local governing body or maintained school governing body can apply.
The Schools Advisory Service are sponsoring the initial cost of the course for schools that access SAS staff absence insurance. You can apply for re-validation after three years. The course is delivered online and can be started at anytime.
Contact your SAS account manager to access this programme.