Staff Training & Development
Who are we?
Torch Beam is the working partnership of Steve Burns and Cath Jones. It is a North-West based training company delivering packages of simple, practical and effective techniques developed from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Life-Coaching and Positive Psychology. We specialise in working with the staff teams of schools and charities to promote the mental health, wellbeing and resilience of the organisation in ways that are sustainable and generative.
Our background and experience is based in Coaching and personal development through the use of NLP and hypnotherapy. We are skilled trainers, youth workers and Steve has 18 years’ experience working in PRUs.
Why will you work with Torch Beam?
We want to work with schools and other organisations that:
- believe that it’s more effective (and humane) to promote mental health rather than “cure” mental illness.
- already have an ethos of care for mental health and wellbeing and who want to get even better.
- want to improve the achievement, attendance and performance of their staff and students by improving their wellbeing and resilience.
- see their staff and students as resourceful educators and learners capable of developing new skills to benefit the whole school.
What do we do?
- Torch Beam staff are accredited to deliver NLP training programmes from Foundation Diplomas to Master Practitioner level.
- We work with schools to develop bespoke training packages to meet the individual needs of their staff and students.
- Check our website (see below) for the range of successful and innovative off-the-peg programmes we will adapt for your context.
- We deliver individual Life Coaching using our “Head Coach” model.
- We are skilled and experienced hypnotherapists.
How do we do it?
Based in the North-West, we are available for face-to-face, Covid-Safe training in groups across the Country as well as delivering online training packages.
We work with small groups, full staff teams or with individuals.
We also work with education and training partners from across the EU.
How will what we do fit in with your school?
We believe that to change the ethos of a school, so that it becomes even more supportive of mental health, we need to start by working with the staff. Skilled staff, who know how to nurture their own mental health and who will walk the walk on a daily basis with their pupils and students, will ensure the sustainability of the training. Our training is designed to be generative: the skills we use will “trickle-down” and “trickle-through” the school and into the future.
Torch Beam are based in the North-West of the UK and are able to work anywhere in the UK. We also have working experience from across the EU as well as in India and the Middle East.
We are able to offer the following:
- One-to-one coaching and support for members of school leadership teams and for other staff members
- One-to-one therapy for members of school leadership teams and for other staff members
- Bespoke training packages for staff teams aimed at supporting and promoting mental health and wellbeing
- A pathway of accredited NLP courses from Foundation Diplomas to Master Practitioner level.
Discount of 10% for SAS members.
Please follow this link to register for the free 2-hour taster session with Torch Beam on 21st January: