Staff Training & Development
Torch Beam Training & Development specialises in the delivery of training, coaching and therapy to individuals and groups. Our work is to support mental health, wellbeing and resilience as well as to improve effectiveness of staff members and teams. Our training packages are tailored to the needs of the organisations we work with and we deliver accredited Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) courses through the International NLP Trainers Association. (INLPTA) We also offer one-to-one therapy using NLP and Hypnotherapy. Steve Burns, who is the lead trainer for Torch Beam, has 30 years of experience in the education sector including:
- 18 years working in PRUs including four years as a manager of a Key Stage 4 PRU
- Twelve years as a life-coach and trainer. This includes extensive experience training with schools and charities to promote mental health, wellbeing and resilience
- An MEd in Special Education
- Has published two books of resources for resilience, wellbeing and bullying for schools
- Work with multi-national, multi-cultural groups through the Erasmus+ programme of the EU
- Qualifications as a Master Practitioner of NLP, in Hypnotherapy and as a professional youth worker
Torch Beam are based in the North-West of the UK and are able to work anywhere in the UK. We also have working experience from across the EU as well as in India and the Middle East.
We are able to offer the following:
- One-to-one coaching and support for members of school leadership teams and for other staff members
- One-to-one therapy for members of school leadership teams and for other staff members
- Bespoke training packages for staff teams aimed at supporting and promoting mental health and wellbeing
- A pathway of accredited NLP courses from Foundation Diplomas to Master Practitioner level.