Teach Well Alliance
Wellbeing and Mental Health Coaching
My name is Steve Waters and I am a former teacher, counsellor and mental health first aider. I am the founder and CEO of the Teach Well Alliance which works in partnership with schools to implement a culture of staff wellbeing and mental health. We offer:
- Wellbeing and Mental Health Coaching to support the wellbeing lead’s work in the context of their school.
- The Teach Well Alliance Wellbeing Lead Diploma, a qualification built around the practical work on staff wellbeing being carried out in the school.
- The Teach Well Toolkit: an online step-by-step change programme to support a senior leader or wellbeing lead to develop a whole-school culture of staff wellbeing and mental health. The programme can be provided without support from the Teach Well Alliance or with customised support from a wellbeing coach.
- The Teach Well School Gold Award for schools that succeed in supporting the wellbeing and mental health of their staff. This can be as a result of using the Teach Well Toolkit or because of their own strategies. A special award is available to schools who are going the extra mile to care for their staff during the Corona Virus Pandemic.
- A one-day programme to train students in both primary and secondary schools to take on the role of Student Wellbeing Ambassadors.
Based in the North West, but service is available to nationwide.
10% discount offer for SAS Clients.
Outcomes of improving staff wellbeing and mental health:
- Decrease in staff absence, especially due to mental ill-health.
- Increase in staff engagement, energy and confidence.
- Increase in number of teachers applying for vacancies.
- Rising standards of pupil attainment.
- Greater professional autonomy, self-determination and self-belief.
Increase in community spirit.