For the month of June we are celebrating the Wellbeing Governance Lead E-module available with SAS policies! In partnership with the Carnegie School of Education, we offer the Mental Health & Wellbeing Governance Lead E-module to Schools and Governors.
The development of a Mental Health and Wellbeing Governance Lead will demonstrate your governing boards commitment to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of both staff and pupils across the whole organisation. The creation of the role also emphasises the importance of establishing robust mental health in schools, providing equal opportunities, building resilience and developing support strategies and tools.
Completion of the online course will award a governor with the ‘Carnegie Mental Health & Wellbeing Governance Lead’ status.
The E-module Includes:
- Self-assessment diagnostic for the governing board to assess their strategic approach to supporting mental health and wellbeing in their school.
- Action planning template to be used as a guide to support governing boards in their strategic planning.
- Online mentor support.
- A description of the role and responsibilities for the Governance Lead role.
- Recommended questions for in-school visits.
- Up-to-date information on school policy.
- A multiple-choice assessment.
Any member of an academy trust board, academy trust local governing body or maintained school governing body can apply.
To learn more, click here to see the Wellbeing Governance leaflet. Contact your SAS account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org to access, or for any further information you require. You can also watch a quick video by clicking here.