SAS Mutual CIC
SAS Mutual are the only known discretionary mutual offered to schools by a Community Interest Company (CIC). What this means for your school is added protection and security. Unlike other mutual providers, being a CIC, SAS Mutual ensures that there is no financial liability for schools, even in the event of liquidation.
Why Choose SAS Mutual CIC?
If a Discretionary Mutual is the cover option you’re looking for as protection for your school’s absences, besides being a CIC, here’s why SAS Mutual could be your best choice:
- Best value mutual protection purchase with the lowest cost mutual
- As is the case with all mutuals, any surplus funds at the end of the year are shared amongst members or reinvested into additional member services.
- The fund administrators (Schools Advisory Service) are a regulated company, meaning they have to follow guidance set out by the FCA to protect customers.
- SAS Mutual has an FCA regulated service provider that is also a DfE approved supplier of staff absence insurance
- Proactive mental health support & whole school wellbeing solutions
- Your school gets access to the most comprehensive Physical & Mental Health support for your staff and pupils. These services help you prevent and reduce staff absences, whilst also creating a wellbeing culture within the school. Click here for more information about our wellbeing support.
As we are a Community Interest Company, our philosophy is to always put the needs of our customers first. We have therefore reduced our commission to 5% below the market standard of 20%, meaning we guarantee to beat any like for like mutual quote by at least 5%.